Crispy Rice Pancake
9x9 rimmed pan
- 1 Omsom Japanese Yuzu Miso Glaze
- 1 ½ cup short grain rice, cooked
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 seaweed sheet
- 2 tbsp. neutral cooking oil
Enjoy as a snack!
Recipe from community member, Hanna (@hanseabright).
Let’s get cooking!
- In a bowl, combine carrot, cabbage, egg, and rice.
- Line 9x9 rimmed pan with plastic wrap and place rice mixture on top. Layer with another piece of plastic wrap.
- Press down on rice mixture with the bottom of a cup into an even, thin layer. (Pro tip: the harder you press, the more rice pancake will keep together while cooking!)
- Use a medium size cup to cut out circles and refrigerate the rice before frying to keep it's shape.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Grill each side of the rice pancake until lightly golden, about 4-6 minutes.
- Brush the Omsom sauce on each browned side and fry again until crispy.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and wrap with 2 inch strip of seaweed.
- You’re done. Enjoy!