Crispy Salmon Rice Paper Bites Recipe
- 1 Omsom Krapow Starter
- 1 lb salmon, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 package of rice paper
- 1 scallion, skinned and sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thinly
- Neutral cooking oil
Garnish with scallion + jalapeno slices. Dip with soy sauce (optional). Enjoy!
This recipe is inspired by the viral firecracker salmon TikTok recipe from @myhealthydish! ✨
- Mix the cubed salmon with Krapow starter and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil on medium in the skillet. Once hot, pan-fry salmon cubes until golden on each side + cooked to your liking, ~3-4 minutes.
- Remove cooked salmon and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water - it should be larger than the width of the rice paper. Prepare a smooth surface (like a large plate or cutting board) for rolling and lay out all of your ingredients (cooked salmon, scallion, + jalapeno).
- Submerge rice paper in hot water while rotating quickly. (Pro tip: don’t soak too much, as rice paper will continue to soften as you work!)
- Lay softened rice paper on surface + start creating your bites: place jalapeno slice, piece of salmon, and a pinch of scallion (one on top of the other) in the center of the rice paper. Fold sides in tightly until you form small enclosed bites! Continue until salmon is all used up!
Let’s get cooking:
- Heat oil on medium in skillet. Once hot, pan-fry each wrapped bite until golden brown on each side, ~2 minutes each side.
- Garnish with scallion + jalapeno slices. Dip with soy sauce (optional). Enjoy!