Krab Rangoon Recipe
- 1 Omsom Thai Krapow Starter
- 2 scallion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 5 oz. imitation/lump crab
- wonton wrappers
- neutral cooking oil
- In a large bowl, mix crab, softened cream cheese, and the Omsom starter.
- Lay out wonton wrapper, add 2 tsp. of filling in the center, connect 2 opposite sides using a dab of water. (Pro Tip: pinch firmly to seal!)
- Dab remaining open corners with water and fold them inwards towards the top, making sure to seal all edges and remove as much air as possible. (This will prevent your rangoons from exploding during the cooking process.)
Let’s get cooking!
On the stovetop:
- Fill a heavy bottom pot with 3 inches of oil and heat to 325° F. To check if the oil is ready, drop a small piece of wonton skin in the pot, if it sizzles then the oil is at temperature.
- Fry rangoons, a couple at a time, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry for 2 minutes, submerged, and remove from oil with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve once cooled slightly!
In the airfryer:
- Brush each rangoon lightly with neutral cooking oil or spray and air fry at 350° F for 5 minutes.