Spicy Mala Tiger Skin Eggs
- Omsom Chinese Spicy Mala Sauce
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup dark soda
- 5 scallion stalks, 3 cut into 2’’ pieces and 2 thinly sliced
- 2 1/4-inch-thick slices of peeled ginger
- Sesame seeds (optional)
Air-fry your eggs!
- In the air-fryer: air-fry your eggs for 12 minutes at 275°F, carefully remove from tray and immediately submerge in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, remove eggs from ice bath, peel, and set aside.
Let’s get cooking!
- Using caution, make shallow cuts vertically throughout eggs (try not to cut too deep into the yolk).
- Heat oil on medium skillet. Once hot, pan-fry egg egg until browned on each side.
- Add scallion, ginger slices, soy sauce + soda. After the mixture comes to a simmer, add the Omsom sauce and simmer covered for five minutes. Then, flip the eggs and simmer uncovered for another five minutes, or until the sauce has reduced to about a third of its original volume!
- Remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions and serve. Enjoy!