- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- kitchen knife
- cutting board
Spicy Mala Sauce
- 1 Omsom Chinese Spicy Mala Sauce
- ½ Ib. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and minced
- 6 slices Japanese milk bread, crusts removed
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, white and yolk separated
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. White sesame seeds, roasted
- 1-2 cups neutral oil (for frying)
Serve with dipping sauce!
Recipe from community member, Hanna (@hanseabright).
Prep your shrimp!
- In a bowl, add shrimp, scallions, egg white, salt, and approximately half of Omsom sauce. Mix well.
Make your dipping sauce!
- Combine lime juice, honey, and remaining Omsom sauce in a small bowl.
Let’s get cooking!
- Spread 3 tbsp shrimp paste onto bread, then top with another slice.
- Brush egg yolk on bread, coating evenly on both sides. Then sprinkle sesame seeds on both sides, until the bread is covered in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a pot to 350 degrees, or until it shimmers. Fry shrimp toast for 4 minutes. Turn over and fry the other side for 3 more minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!