- wok or large skillet
- Omsom Thai Krapow Starter
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups leftover cooked jasmine or long grain rice
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 medium roma tomato, sliced into wedges
- 3 stalks scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- salt and/or MSG, to taste
- 1 lime
- lettuce and cucumber (optional)
Serve with lettuce + cucumber!
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. In a bowl, beat eggs and ¼ tsp salt until smooth then toss egg mixture into hot pan. Scramble until just cooked, about 1 minute. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Pour 2 tbsp. oil in pan then add onion, carrot, tomato, scallions, and garlic and fry, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Season with ¼ tsp salt. Set aside with eggs.
- Pour remaining 2 tbsp. oil in pan then add in cooked rice and fry for 5 minutes until the grains are aromatic and lightly toasted. Stir in the reserved eggs and vegetables, turn heat off, and add the Omsom starter. Season with salt or MSG to taste.
- Plate and optionally serve with cucumber and lettuce, garnish with extra green onion, and enjoy with a squeeze of lime.