- large cookie sheet
- chef's knife
Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- 1 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 1 double cream brie wheel
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 4 tbsp. softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- crushed macadamia nuts (optional)
- 1 Asian pear of your choosing (optional)
Open melted brie with a spoon and enjoy as is! Pull off pastry twists as desired and dip into center of melted brie.
Mix it up: Add remaining spread and top with sliced Asian pear and macadamia nuts.
- Unwrap your double cream brie and score one flat side of the wheel.
- Unroll puff pastry and lay the first layer out on a cookie sheet. Place brie in the middle of the pastry, scored side up.
- Mix your Omsom starter with softened butter and spread a thin layer around brie. Reserve the remainder of spread.
- Place second layer of puff pastry on top and seal two layers together.
- Lightly score pastry on top of brie with a crosshatch pattern.
- Slice puff pastry starting ¼ inch from brie moving outwards from the center to the perimeter of pastry. Pastry should look like a lion’s mane.
- Carefully lift and rotate individual pastry pieces clockwise to form puff pastry twists. Go all the way around until each piece has been twisted.
- Make an egg wash by beating an egg and water in a bowl, brush all over pastry.
Let’s get cooking:
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from heat and present on a dish or cutting board. Serve immediately + enjoy!