Chinese Tofu Mala Salad Recipe
- Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- 12 oz of firm tofu
- 1 large cucumber, preferably English
- ½ cup enoki mushrooms or mushrooms of your choice, sliced (optional)
Traditional: Serve with white rice.
Mix it up: Serve over a salad of lettuce and cilantro.
Prep your tofu:
- Pat the tofu dry with a paper towel or a dishcloth to remove as much water as possible.
- Cut the tofu into ¾ inch cubes.
- Combine the tofu and the Omsom starter in the mixing bowl.
- Toss gently to coat, being careful not to break apart the tofu cubes. Let marinade while you prep the cucumber and mushrooms (if using).
Put it all together:
- Peel your cucumber (if desired), trim ends, and slice lengthwise in half.
- Remove seeds and pulp with a spoon.
- Place the side of a large knife on the cucumber, skin side up, and smash. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- If using mushrooms, blanch the mushrooms in boiled water for 30 seconds, and drain.
- Gently toss together the crushed cucumber and mushrooms (if using) with the marinated tofu.
- Season with ⅛-¼ tsp salt to taste, and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!