Creamy Chili Umami Pasta
- 1 Omsom Thai Krapow Sauce
- 1 Ib. tubular pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup pasta water, reserved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil, picked (save some for garnish)
- 28 oz. canned pureed tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (save some for garnish)
- Salt to taste
Recipe from community member, Hanna (@hanseabright).
Let’s get cooking!
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook for ~5 min, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have burst and are softened.
- Add Omsom sauce and crushed tomatoes, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for ~2 min.
- Add pasta, pasta water, butter, parmesan and basil to sauce, stirring over medium heat for ~2 min until pasta is glossy.
- Garnish with remaining basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!