Easy Rice Cooker “Fried” Rice Recipe
- 1 Omsom Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 1 can of SPAM, diced
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 medium roma tomato
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ cup corn
- 6 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 nori sheets, cut into 1-inch strips
Recipe from community member, Ceilena (@ceilena).
Let’s get cooking:
- Pan-fry SPAM over medium-high heat until crispy. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Wash rice in warm water and drain, three times.
- Add washed rice to the rice cooker and add 4 cups of hot water.
- Add soy sauce and Omsom starter. Stir to mix.
- Add carrot, mushrooms, corn, and cooked SPAM.
- Slice an X into the bottom of the tomato. Place tomato in the middle of rice. Start cooking rice according to rice cooker instructions.
- Once done, mix well + salt to taste! Finish with sesame oil and nori strips and enjoy!