Fried Bacon-Wrapped Egg Recipe
heavy bottom pot
- 1 Omsom Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 8 eggs (2 are for egg wash)
- 6 thin slices of bacon
- all-purpose flour
- panko breadcrumbs
- neutral cooking oil
Enjoy with soy sauce or ketchup!
Boil your eggs!
On the stove:
- Bring 3 cups of water in a large pot to a boil. Once boiling vigorously, add 5 eggs and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and immediately submerge them in an ice bath for 10 minutes. (Pro Tip: An ice bath is 1 part ice to 1 part water!)
- Once completely cooled, remove eggs from ice bath, peel, and reserve.
In the airfryer:
- Air-fry your eggs for 9 minutes at 275°F, carefully remove from tray and immediately submerge in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, remove eggs from ice bath, peel and reserve.
Let’s get cooking!
- Crack and lightly beat 2 eggs for your egg wash. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the bacon slices with the Omsom starter. Massage well and set aside.
- Set aside two small plates, one filled with breadcrumbs and one filled with flour.
- Wrap egg with a slice of bacon, roll quickly in flour bowl, and then dip in egg wash. Coat wrapped egg with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Fill a heavy bottom pot with 3 inches of oil, and heat to 325° F.
- Fry eggs a couple at a time, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Fry for 2 minutes, submerged, and remove from oil with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve once cooled slightly!