Golden Fried Rice
- 1 Omsom Lemongrass BBQ Starter
- ½ Ib. bacon, sliced ½ inch
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 3 scallions, sliced (reserve some for garnish)
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tbsp. neutral oil
Recipe from community member, Hanna (@hanseabright).
Prep your bacon!
- Marinate bacon in Lemongrass BBQ for twenty minutes, or overnight for deeper flavor.
Let’s get cooking!
- Separate egg yolks and whites. In a bowl, mix egg yolks into rice.
- Heat oil for 2 minutes in a pan over medium heat. Add egg whites, stirring quickly to cook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook bacon over medium heat for 3 minutes, until cooked through. Add peas and stir to combine.
- Add yolk-rice and scallions, using a spoon to combine over medium heat.
- Mix in egg whites and immediately turn off heat.
- Garnish with scallions + sesame seeds.