How to Make
- Dutch oven
- cutting board
- mixing bowl
Lemongrass BBQ Sauce
- 2 x Omsom Lemongrass BBQ Sauce
- 1 Ib. pork belly, cut into 2” cubes
- 1 Ib. beef chuck, cut into 2’’ cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced into 1” cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into 1” rounds
- 1 cup celery, sliced into 1” pieces
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly
- 3 cups beef stock, unsalted
- 1 can (12 oz) Guinness stout, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 thyme sprigs, picked
- 1 tbsp. neutral oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- Mashed or roasted potatoes (optional, for serving)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mashed or roasted potatoes for a hearty meal!
Prep your protein!
- In a dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and brown beef, adding a generous pinch of salt and cooking for approximately ~4 minutes, flipping so both sides of beef are browned. Turn off heat and remove beef, then set aside.
Let's get cooking!
- Lower the heat to medium-high, then add butter, onions, and pork belly. Cook for about ~4 minutes, until onions have softened.
- Add carrots, celery, and flour, then stir to cook for 3 minutes. Pour Guinness to deglaze the pot, scraping at the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- After a minute, add in Omsom sauce, tomato paste, beef stock, and ½ tsp. salt, stirring to combine.
- Toss the beef back in (along with any juices), bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cover, letting the stew cook for ~1.5 hours, until the beef is tender. Stir often and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Remove bay leaves, salt to taste, and serve over mashed potatoes. Garnish with scallions and enjoy!