- Instant Pot
- medium mixing bowl
Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- 1 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- 1 lb. boneless skinless pork shoulder
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced with green + white parts separated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Sesame seeds (optional)
Traditional: Serve with lettuce wraps or white rice and kimchi.
Mix it up: Serve over a lettuce, cucumber and perilla salad.
Let’s get cooking:
- Cut the pork shoulder into 2”x2” cubes and place in a bowl.
- Marinate pork with Korean Spicy Bulgogi starter, garlic, salt, and black pepper for at least 20 minutes (overnight for bolder flavor).
- Turn on the Instant Pot to Sauté mode and add oil. Once hot, add onion and white part of the scallions. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pork and any remaining sauce from bowl and brown for about 3-5 minutes.
- Press “CANCEL” to turn off Sauté mode and add chicken broth. Stir and scrape bottom of pot well.
- Close the lid, turn the steam vent to SEAL, and pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once pressure cooking is done, turn steam vent to VENT for a quick release.
- Safely remove the lid and skim out the top layer of fat.
- Turn on Sauté mode and reduce sauce until thicker, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve pork and sauce into a serving bowl and garnish with remaining scallions and sesame seeds (optional).