Instant Pot Lemongrass Braised Chicken
- 1 Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Starter
- 5 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 scallions, both green + white parts thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- sliced chili to garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce for color (optional)
Best served with a bowl of steamed white rice!
Let’s get cooking:
- Cut the chicken thighs into thirds and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Marinate thighs with the Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ starter, salt, and black pepper for at least 15 minutes (or overnight for bolder flavor).
- Turn on the Instant Pot to Sauté mode and add oil. Once hot, add the minced garlic and scallions (reserve some scallions for garnish).
- Sauté until garlic and scallions are fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and any remaining sauce and sauté until browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, sesame oil, and dark soy sauce (optional). Press “CANCEL” to end Sauté mode.
- Close lid, turn the steam vent to SEAL, and pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once pressure cooking is done, turn steam vent to VENT for a quick release.
- Remove lid safely and skim out the top layer of fat.
- Turn on Sauté mode and sauté until sauce slightly thickens and reduces, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce into a serving bowl and garnish with green onions and chili slices (optional). Enjoy!