Japanese Beef Yuzu Miso Glaze Recipe
- Omsom Japanese Yuzu Misoyaki Starter
- 12-16oz Ribeye, sirloin, flank, or strip steak
Traditional: Serve with white rice, pickled ginger, and lemon.
Mix it up: Serve with a side salad and roasted vegetables.
- Turn the oven on to broil.
- Into a cast iron skillet add 2 tsp of oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the skillet, and preheat the skillet over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes or until it just begins to smoke.
- Pat the steak dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Carefully place the steak into the pan. (For medium rare, cook for 2 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. For medium, cook for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. For medium well, cook for 4 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.)
- Turn off the heat and add Omsom starter, spreading over the steak’s surface.
- Place the skillet under the broiler, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the starter is caramelized and the steak is cooked to your liking. (You want the starter to turn into a deep caramelized glaze, so don’t worry if it’s getting dark!)
- Remove from the pan and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Optionally slice the steak and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!