Japanese Chicken Skewers Yuzu Misoyaki Recipe
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
Traditional: serve with white rice, pickled ginger, and lemon
Mix it up: serve with a side salad and roasted vegetables
- Lightly salt + pepper the chicken.
- Carefully thread chicken on the skewers, leaving 1-2 inches free at the bottom. (Pro tip: don’t crowd your skewers, we recommend 5-6 chicken cubes per skewer.)
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken skewers into the pan and let them sear for 4 minutes. Flip and sear on the other side for 3 minutes.
- Brush half of the Japanese Yuzu Misoyaki Starter over chicken, flip, and let the glaze caramelize for 1 minute. (Pro tip: don’t worry if the glaze darkens. Caramelized goodness is coming!)Brush chicken with the remaining starter, flip, and cook for 1 more minute, or until it is cooked through.
- Remove skewers from the pan (be careful: they’re hot!), add a pinch of salt to taste, and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!