Japanese Eggplant Yuzu Misoyaki Recipe
- Omsom Japanese Yuzu Misoyaki Starter
- 1 large eggplant
Traditional: Serve with white rice, pickled ginger, and lemon
Mix it up: Serve with a side salad and roasted vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line your baking sheet.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Using a sharp knife, score the eggplant by cutting 4-5 diagonal cuts into the flesh (make sure not to cut through the skin!). Rotate eggplant 45 degrees, and repeat the diagonal cuts, creating a diamond pattern.
- Bake eggplant, scored side up (without the Omsom starter), for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove the eggplant from oven and spread the Japanese Yuzu Misoyaki Starter evenly over eggplant.
- Turn the heat up to a broil, move the tray to the top rack, and broil for 5-7 minutes, until golden and charred in places. (You want the starter to turn into a deep caramelized glaze, so don’t worry if it gets dark!)
- You’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!