- mixing bowl
- large skillet
Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- ¾ lb pork shoulder, thinly sliced
- ½ small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- neutral cooking oil
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Traditional: Serve with lettuce wraps or white rice and kimchi.
Mix it up: Serve over a lettuce, cucumber, and perilla salad.
Prep your pork:
Slice pork thinly, about ¼ inch thick or less. (Pro tip: For easier thin slicing, firm the pork in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.)
Combine pork and the Omsom starter in the mixing bowl.
Stir to coat pork evenly. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for bolder flavor.
Let's get cooking:
- On medium high heat, heat 1 tsp cooking oil in the skillet for 1 minute.
- Add onion, and cook for 3 minutes until soft, then remove and set aside.
- Cook pork for 4 minutes, letting it sear on one side.
- Toss in the onion, flip pork, and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. (Pro tip: don’t crowd the pan or cook in batches for best caramelization!)
- Salt to taste, top with scallions and sesame seeds, and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!
1. Watch the full recipe video here!