Korean Spicy Salmon Bulgogi Recipe
- Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 12 oz. salmon fillet
- ½ small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- neutral cooking oil
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Traditional: Serve with lettuce wraps or white rice and kimchi.
Mix it up: Serve over a lettuce, cucumber, and perilla salad.
Prep your salmon:
- Cut the fillet into bite sized cubes, about 3/4 inch wide.
- Combine salmon and the Omsom starter in the mixing bowl.
- Stir to coat salmon evenly. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for bolder flavor.
Let's get cooking:
- On medium high heat, heat 1 tsp cooking oil in the skillet for 1 minute.
- Add onion, and cook for 3 minutes until soft, then remove and set aside.
- Add the salmon to the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping the salmon gently to cook on all sides. (Pro tip: don’t crowd the pan for best caramelization!)
- Salt to taste, top with scallions and sesame seeds, and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!