Korean Spicy Salmon Bulgogi Recipe
- ¾ lb salmon fillet
- ½ small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- neutral cooking oil
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Traditional: with lettuce wraps or white rice and kimchi
Mix it up: over a lettuce, cucumber and perilla salad
Prep your salmon:
- Cut the filet into planks, about 1 inch thick. (Pro tip: Cut across the grain of the fish for a more flaky and tender final product).
- Combine salmon and Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter in the mixing bowl.
- Stir to coat salmon evenly. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for bolder flavor.
Let's get cooking:
- On medium high heat, heat 1 tsp cooking oil in the skillet for 1 minute.
- Add onion, and cook for 3 minutes until soft, then remove and set aside.
- Cook salmon cut side down for 3-4 minutes, letting it sear on one side.
- Toss in the onion, flip salmon, and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through (Pro tip: don’t crowd the pan for best caramelization!)
- Salt to taste, top with scallions and sesame seeds, and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!