Korean Spicy Tofu Bulgogi Recipe
- Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 12 oz block of medium firm to firm tofu
- ½ small sweet onion, halved lengthwise and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 scallion, sliced
- neutral cooking oil
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Traditional: Serve with lettuce wraps or white rice and kimchi
Mix it up: Serve over a lettuce, cucumber and perilla salad
Prep your tofu:
- Pat the tofu dry with a paper towel or a dishcloth to remove as much water as possible.
- Cut the tofu into ¾ inch cubes. (Pro tip: cut the tofu gently so the cubes don’t break up too much)
Let's get cooking:
- On medium high heat, heat 1 tsp oil in the skillet for 1 minute.
- Add onion, cook for 3 minutes until soft, then remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add 2 tbsp of oil to the skillet followed by the tofu. Gently stir for 1 minute to coat the tofu in oil and prevent it from sticking.
- Let the tofu cook undisturbed for 3 minutes, flip the tofu, and cook for another 3 minutes (Pro tip: don’t crowd the pan for best caramelization!)
- Add the Korean Spicy Bulgogi starter and onions, stir to coat and caramelize, 1-2 minutes.
- Add ⅛ tsp of salt or to taste, top with scallions and sesame seeds, and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!