- 1 Omsom Thai Larb Starter
- 2 tbsp. Toasted Rice Powder (optional)
- 1 medium butternut, delicata, or kabocha squash, cut into ¼ inch thick wedges
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa, rice, or farro
- ½ cup fresh herbs, such as Thai basil, mint, and cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ lime
The perfect winter dish for squash season!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat squash in oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 mins, until soft and lightly browned.
- In the meantime, cook grains according to the package directions.
- Once ready, brush squash with Omsom starter, then bake for 5 more mins.
- Toss cooked grains with onions and herbs, reserving a handful of onions and herbs for garnish.
- To plate: first place grains and squash, garnish with reserved onion and herbs, then top with toasted rice powder.
- Serve and enjoy warm with a squeeze of lime. Dive in!