- medium non-stick pan or grill
- medium bowl
- Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Starter
- ¾ lb. thinly sliced sirloin beef or pork belly
- 7 oz. bunch of enoki mushrooms
- 1 stalk scallions, sliced (optional)
Makes a great meal on its own or as an appetizer!
Recipe from community member, Betsy (@paintpencilpastries).
Prep your meat:
- Massage sirloin beef or pork belly with the Omsom starter. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
Let's get cooking:
- Prepare the enoki mushrooms by chopping the ends off. Clean mushrooms by fully submerging them in a bowl of cold water and rinse until clean.
- Drain mushrooms and pat dry. Separate mushrooms into 8-10 mini bunches, then tightly wrap 1-2 slices of meat around the center of each bunch. (Pro-tip: depending on the thickness of meat, insert toothpicks through the center of the meat to keep rolls in place while cooking.)
- In a non-stick frying pan or grill over medium-high heat, place each roll with the seam side of meat down on the pan. (If using a regular pan, lightly grease with neutral cooking oil.) Each roll should be placed 1-2 inches apart - make sure not to crowd the pan! Depending on the thickness of meat, cook for 4-7 minutes on each side, checking and rotating frequently.
- You're done! Garnish with scallions, serve warm, and enjoy!