How to Make
- mixing bowl
- chef's knife
- large skillet
- large flat plate
- Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Starter
- 1 lb. chicken breast or thigh, sliced thinly
- 1 cup vermicelli rice noodles, cooked
- ½ head of lettuce, peeled into slats
- 1 cucumber, sliced into sticks
- Mint and cilantro, roughly chopped
- rice paper
- neutral cooking oil
A side of Mama Pham’s nuoc mam!
See here for our spring rolling technique!
Let’s get cooking:
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and Omsom starter. Stir and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high. Once hot, sear chicken in skillet until browned and cooked through, ~4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare your wrapping station - set aside all ingredients around a flat surface like a cutting board or large plate. Fill a large bowl with hot water (the bowl needs to be big enough to accommodate for the width of the rice paper.)
- Submerge rice paper in water and rotate quickly. Don’t soak rice paper too much, as it will continue to soften over time.
- Lay rice paper down on a flat surface (feel free to use two overlapped like a venn diagram for a stronger wrap). Start building your spring rolls - at the bottom center of rice paper, about 1 inch from the bottom edge, layer lettuce, rice noodles, chicken, lettuce, cucumber, and herbs on top of each other.
- Fold bottom edge over stuffing and roll tightly up, like a burrito. Once halfway through rice paper, fold sides in tightly. Continue rolling upwards until spring roll is complete.
- Continue rolling until ingredients are all rolled! Serve immediately and enjoy with a side of Mama Pham’s nuoc mam!