How to Make
- Large non-stick frying pan
- Half of 1 Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- 4 eggs
- Neutral cooking oil
- For toast: sliced sourdough bread, avocado, scallions (sliced thinly), crispy shallots
Enjoy on its own or top on a slice of your favorite bread for a hearty toast!
- Mix Mala Starter with 1.5 tbsp. neutral oil. Stir to mix well.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, pour mala oil mix into skillet.
- Crack the eggs into skillet, being careful not to break the yolks. Cook undisturbed for 5-6 minutes or until cooked to your liking. (Pro tip: keep the heat on medium-low while frying so that your whites don’t overcook before your yolks set!)
- Meanwhile, prepare your toast by toasting sourdough slices and spreading a thin layer of sliced avocado on them.
- Once eggs are done to your liking, transfer them from the pan to your prepared toast. Salt to taste and garnish with sliced scallions and crispy shallots!