How to Make
- 1 Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- 12 oz. yi mein, egg noodles, or chow mein noodles (fresh or dry both work)
- 4 stalks green onion, sliced into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh or dried and rehydrated shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- soy sauce, to taste
In China, noodles represent longevity, and thus are commonly enjoyed during the New Year and birthdays. This recipe is a perfect dish to share with family and friends during the Lunar New Year.
Let’s get cooking:
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, heat a wok or large skillet on high heat. Pour neutral cooking oil, then toss in green onions and mushrooms. Sauté until browned and aromatic, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once noodles are al dente, drain and rinse noodles in cold water. Add noodles to green onion and mushrooms, then lower heat to medium.
- Season with Omsom starter, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and sugar. Mix and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed.
- That’s it! Serve and enjoy immediately.