Miso-Glazed SPAM Seaweed Wrap
- 1 Omsom Japanese Yuzu Miso Glaze Starter
- 1 can SPAM® Classic, sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten + fried into a thin omelette
- 1 ½ tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- 4 seaweed / nori sheets
- Sesame seeds (optional)
Enjoy as a snack!
Let’s get cooking:
- In a small bowl, mix together Omsom sauce with oil to make a glaze. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, put SPAM® Classic slices into a dry pan, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Brush a thin layer of glaze on top of SPAM® slices, and flip over to caramelize (roughly ~2 minutes).
- Brush with glaze on the opposite side and flip again. Fry for another 1 minute. Be careful not to let the glaze burn!
- Repeat for all slices of SPAM® Classic, work in batches, and let cool on a plate.
- Place a sheet of nori, shiny side down. With a pair of scissors, cut a slit into the middle of the sheet from the short side.
- In the bottom left square of the sheet (to the left of the slit), spread a thin layer of sushi rice.
- In the other 3 quadrants of the sheet, layer the other ingredients - 2 slices of glazed SPAM®, thin omelette (cut into a square to fit the quadrant), and sliced avocado.