OG-Style: Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Pork Recipe
Go all out with our OG Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ recipe - complete with scallion oil, pickled daikon and carrot, and Mama Pham's famous dipping Vietnamese fish sauce (nước mắm).
- Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Starter
- 3/4 lb. skinless pork shoulder and/or belly, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. of neutral cooking oil
- 5+ wooden skewers, soaked
Prep your pork:
- Slice pork thinly, about ¼ inch thick or less. (Pro tip: For easier thin slicing, firm the pork in the freezer for 20 minutes.)
- Season pork with ½ tsp. each of salt and pepper.
- Combine pork, 1 tsp. oil, and Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Starter in mixing bowl.
- Stir to coat pork evenly. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for bolder flavor. (Pro tip: This is a good time to also soak the skewers in water so they don’t burn.)
Let’s get cooking:
- Thread the pork onto the wooden skewers. Allow for 3-4 pieces per skewer.
- Lay pork on a wire rack that fits in a lined baking sheet. Broil on your oven’s top rack for 3 minutes. Flip the pork and broil for another 2 minutes or until cooked through, watching closely to prevent burning.
- You’re done! Make it a true weekend meal and top with Scallion Oil, Pickled Daikons and Carrots, and Mama Pham's Nước Mắm (Dipping Fish Sauce). Enjoy!