Shrimp Krapow Recipe
- Pepper Teigen's Krapow Starter
- 14 oz. shrimp (fresh or thawed if frozen)
- 1 ½ tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- ½ small yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup green beans, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces, about 2 oz.
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves (Thai or Holy basil is traditional, but Italian works too!)
- 1-2 small sweet red peppers or ¼ red bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 egg, fried Thai-style (optional)
Traditional: Serve with white rice, topped with Thai-style fried egg.
Mix it up: Serve with lettuce wraps and sliced cucumbers.
We partnered with Pepper Teigen to craft our spicy, sweet, + umami Krapow starter - which features the 100% safe + damn delicious MSG as a core ingredient. Now you can fire up this beloved Teigen fam recipe for chili basil stir-fry in under 20 minutes!
PS. Don’t forget to check out Pepper’s brand new cookbook, The Pepper Thai Cookbook, for other fire Pepper recipes 🔥
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until shimmering hot. Add shrimp and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Then, flip shrimp and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add onions and green beans, and cook until they’ve softened, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium, add the Omsom starter, and stir to evenly coat everything in the skillet.
- Add red peppers (optional) and roughly hand tear the basil into the skillet. Turn off the heat and stir to wilt the basil.
- Salt to taste and top with fried egg (optional).
- You’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!