Pork + Shrimp Dumplings Recipe
- 2 Omsom Vietnamese Lemongrass BBQ Starters
- 1 lb. shrimp, deveined, shelled, and diced
- 8 oz. ground pork
- 1 cup shredded green/Napa cabbage
- 2 stalks scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- Round dumpling wrappers
- Neutral cooking oil
- Black or white pepper
- Traditional: Serve with a side of rice and dipping sauce (black vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil, and sesame seeds).
- Mix it up: Crisp up in the air-fryer and toss on a salad!
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, pork, cabbage, green onions, ginger, and 2 starters. Pinch in some black / white pepper (optional).
- To assemble the dumplings, place wrapper in palm of hand. Place 1 tablespoon of filling mixture in the center. Dip your finger into a small bowl of water and circle around the outer edges of wrapper. Fold dumpling wrapper over mixture to create a half-moon shape and pinch to seal tightly. If you’re feeling advanced, go for the pleated seal!
- Repeat with the rest of filling + wrappers.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-heat. Add dumplings in a single layer, so that none touch, and fry until the bottoms are lightly golden brown, working in batches.
- Add about ½ cup of water to skillet and immediately cover (be careful, it will splatter!). Allow dumplings to steam until water has evaporated, about 5-6 minutes.
- Uncover and continue frying until skillet is dry and dumplings are crispy again from the residual oil.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce or your favorite dipping sauce, if desired.You’re done! Enjoy!