Smallhold x Omsom: Air-Fried Spicy Bulgogi Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 12 oz. Smallhold oyster or shiitake mushrooms, washed and patted dry, torn into 2-3 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, sliced scallions (optional)
Makes a great meal on its own or as a side!
- Preheat the air fryer at 390° F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, coat mushrooms with 1 tbsp. oil. Toss mushrooms into flour mix, coating each piece and shaking off all excess flour.
- Place mushrooms in air fryer in a single layer (you may need to cook in batches). Fry for 10 minutes, then flip + brush/spray 2 tbsp. oil onto mushrooms. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- On low heat, add Omsom starter and 3 tbsp. water to a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Turn heat off once steaming, about 5 minutes.
- Once mushrooms are done, toss them with the sauce. Salt to taste. (Alternatively, the warmed starter can be used as a dipping sauce and served on the side.)
- Top with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, or scallions, eat ‘em while they’re hot and enjoy!