Spicy Bulgogi Egg Boil Recipe
- 1 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup neutral cooking oil
- ¾ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch knob of ginger, minced or grated
- ½ large white onion, diced
Enjoy with air fried baby potatoes, corn, or green beans!
Boil your eggs!
On the stove:
- Bring 3 cups of water in a large pot to a boil. Once boiling vigorously, add 6 eggs and boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and immediately submerge them in an ice bath for 10 minutes. (Pro Tip: An ice bath is 1 part ice to 1 part water!)
- Once completely cooled, remove eggs from ice bath, peel, and reserve.
In the airfryer:
- Air-fry your eggs for 13 minutes at 275°F, carefully remove from tray and immediately submerge in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, remove eggs from ice bath, peel and reserve.
Let’s get cooking!
- Melt your butter and oil in a medium pot, add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add your Omsom starter, garlic, and ginger, then sauté for an additional minute.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, chicken broth, and sugar to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add shelled eggs and simmer for 2 minutes.