Spicy Bulgogi Frito Pie
- 1 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 1 Ib. ground pork
- 1 bag of shrimp Chips
- 1 12 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup dark soda
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced (reserve for garnish)
- 2 tbsp. neutral oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice American cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
Let’s get cooking!
- In a medium pot, turn heat to medium and add oil. Cook onion and garlic, reserving some onion for garnish.
- Once aromatics are translucent, add tomato paste. Let fry in oil for a minute, then stir to combine.
- Toss in pork, stirring until cooked through. Add Omsom sauce and mix to break up the meat.
- Add soda and let cook for two minutes, then add crushed tomatoes. (Pro tip: add soda to the empty tomato can and swirl to get more tomato flavor!) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn down heat until chili is simmering and let cook for 20 minutes. Take off heat.
- Place shrimp chip bag on a plate, label side up. Use a knife to make a vertical slit from the top to bottom, exposing chips inside.
- Scoop chili on top of chips, roughly 2 cups.
- Immediately top with American cheese so it melts. Follow with a dollop of sour cream, scallions, and sesame seeds.
- You’re done. Enjoy!