- mixing bowl
- medium pot
- large pan or wok
Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- 3 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starters
- 2 16-oz. ribeye steaks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. bag of rice cakes (cylinder or sliced)
- neutral cooking oil
- 1 scallion, sliced (optional)
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Top with chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe from community member, Stacie (@staciebillis).
Prep your ribeye:
- Slice the 2 ribeye steaks thinly. (Pro tip: For easier thin slicing, firm the steaks in the freezer for 20 minutes.)
- Combine sliced steak and 1 Omsom starter in a mixing bowl.
- Stir to coat steak evenly. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
Let’s get cooking:
- In a large pan or wok on medium heat, sauté the thinly sliced onion in 1 tsp. neutral oil and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp. oil to the same pan and cook the marinated steak for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through until just a little pink remains. (If you’re working with a small pan, make sure not to overcrowd your pan!)
- Boil the rice cakes until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and save a mug of the cooking liquid.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pan and sauté the drained rice cakes with half of your second Omsom starter. (If the sauce starts to stick to the pan or your rice cakes dry up, add a splash of cooking liquid.)
- Once well coated, after about 2 minutes, add onion and steak back into pan, along with the remaining starters.
- Toss to combine well and cook for 3-4 minutes. (To make it saucier, add another splash of reserved cooking liquid.)
- You’re done! Top with chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!