- heavy bottom pot
- mixing bowl
- baking dish
Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- 1½ cup sliced rice cakes
- 1 cup low moisture mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. butter (more for greasing the dish)
- 1 scallion stalk scallion
- chili flakes (optional)
Enjoy it as an appetizer!
Let's get cooking:
- Start by making the béchamel: melt butter in a pan, add flour, and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup of milk, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Stir until thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup of low moisture mozzarella.
- Set a pot of well-salted water or chicken stock to boil and cook rice cakes for 1 minute. Drain and add to a bowl with Omsom starter and ¼ tsp. of salt. Incorporate a splash of hot water, mix, and allow to cool until it’s safe to handle.
- Grease a baking dish with softened butter or sesame oil.
- Place a thin layer of béchamel on the bottom and cover with a layer of rice cakes.
- Repeat until you run out of rice cakes and top dish off with remaining mozzarella.
- Broil for 5 minutes and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Enjoy!