Spicy Coconut Chicken Skewers with Scallion Salad Recipe
medium and large mixing bowls
grill or grill pan
6 bamboo skewers (soak for 45 minutes + pat dry before grilling)
ice cube tray
- 1 Omsom Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 8 oz. full fat coconut milk (half of 1 can)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 in. ginger, grated
- 2 limes (1 zested, ½ juiced, ½ for serving)
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 10 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 kirby cucumbers, thinly cut
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. neutral oil (like grapeseed oil)
- 1½ tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
We collab'd with our friends at Misfits Market on this recipe so that you can enjoy damn delicious food in the sunshine ☀️ Misfits Market is an affordable online grocery service offering organic produce, sustainably-sourced kitchen essentials, and high-quality meats + seafoods for up to 40% cheaper than traditional grocery stores. They help break the cycle of food waste and aim to fix a broken food system!
- In a large bowl, combine the Omsom starter, coconut milk, grated garlic and ginger, lime zest, juice of ½ a lime, and salt.
- Add chicken thighs to the mixture and toss to fully coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the fridge for even bolder flavor.
- For the salad, place thinly sliced scallions in an ice bath for 10 minutes to allow them to curl. Remove from ice bath, pat dry, then add scallions to a medium bowl with cucumbers, jalapenos and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk oil, rice wine vinegar, and honey to combine. Season with salt to taste. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat, about 425 degrees. Thread 6-8 pieces of chicken onto each skewer. Grill, turning occasionally until chicken is fully cooked, 8-10 minutes.
- Cut remaining ½ of lime into wedges. Toss the salad in dressing and serve immediately with chicken skewers (be careful: they’re hot!) and lime wedges. Enjoy!