- medium skillet
- 1 Omsom Filipino Sisig Starter
- 12 oz. tempeh, tofu, or seitan, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise, for cooking
- 4 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lime (optional)
- vegan mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, reserving a handful for garnish, and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add tempeh and fry, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low, add the Omsom starter, stir, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat, add 1 tbsp. mayo, and stir to combine.
- Warm up tortillas either on the stovetop or microwave. (Stovetop: heat tortillas on an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 seconds on each side. Microwave: place tortillas between two damp paper towels and microwave for 30-40 seconds or until heated through.)
- Fill tortillas with tempeh, top with shredded lettuce and reserved onion, and serve with lime! To make it extra creamy, serve with a dollop of mayo on top. Enjoy!