- small bowl
- medium pot
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- rolling pin
- pastry brush
- heavy bottom pot
- bamboo skewers
Spicy Bulgogi Sauce
- 1 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 4 medium-sized hot dogs (we like beef sausages)
- 4 slices white bread (Wonderbread works well)
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs (add more if needed)
- 3 cups neutral cooking oil
- bamboo skewers (optional)
Enjoy with your preferred condiments + sprinkle with sugar for added texture + sweetness!
Prep your protein:
- Crack eggs into a bowl, and whisk together to create an egg wash.
- Boil hot dogs according to instructions, and set aside to cool down.
- Cut off crusts of the sliced white bread, and flatten bread using a rolling pin until very thin.
- Brush the edge of flattened bread with egg wash, and spread some of the Omsom starter on bread. Layer with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place hot dog on top of cheese near the edge of bread closest to you. Roll bread around hot dog like a burrito, and pinch the sides to seal.
- Dip the assembled corn dog into the egg wash, and then coat with bread crumbs.
Let’s get cooking!
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pot on high. Once hot, fry corn dogs on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Remove from pot and dry corn dogs on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Skewer corn dogs with bamboo sticks (optional). Serve and enjoy!