Yuzu Misoyaki Tofu Salad Recipe
- 2 Omsom Japanese Yuzu Misoyaki Starters
- 1 box extra firm tofu
- ¾ cup mushrooms
- 2-2 ½ cups of your favorite veggies
- 2 ½ cups lightly packed greens
- ½ cup nuts, seeds, or grains
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
Makes a great meal on its own!
Recipe from community member, Betsy (@paintpencilpastries).
- Place the whole block of tofu between 3-4 layers of paper towels and press tofu with a heavy object, such as a cast-iron pan or several cans of beans. Let tofu press for 15 mins while preparing the other ingredients.
- Shred the carrots and red cabbage, and chop the cucumbers and mushrooms. Set vegetables aside until salad is ready to assemble.
- After tofu is pressed, cut tofu in half lengthwise and then in quarters into about ¼ inch thick rectangles.
- In a small bowl, toss together tofu, mushrooms, and 1 Omsom starter, making sure that each piece is evenly coated. Air-fry mushrooms and tofu at 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, assemble the salad. In a large plate or bowl, layer spring mix, then the reserved vegetables. Top with cashews and sliced avocado. For the salad dressing, in another bowl, mix together 1 Omsom starter with sesame oil and drizzle atop the salad. Finally, mix salad with warm mushrooms and tofu, then enjoy!