Yuzu Miso Poke Bowl
- 1 Omsom Japanese Yuzu Miso Glaze Starter
- 10 oz. fresh, sushi grade ahi tuna, salmon, shrimp, or tofu, cut into small cubes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 stalks scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups short grain or sushi rice
- 1 ¾ cups water
- Any additional toppings (cucumber, edamame, avocado, carrot, scallions)
- Any additional sides (crab salad, seaweed salad)
- Spicy mayo (optional)
- Furikake (optional)
- Add the rice grains into a small pot or saucepan and pour hot water to submerge the rice. Using your hands, rinse rice in a circular motion. Drain water and repeat 2-3 times until water runs almost clear.
- Combine rinsed rice with water. For stovetop: bring rice to a boil on medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-35 minutes until water is evaporated and rice is cooked through. Grains should be fluffy, tender, and aromatic. If using a rice cooker, cook according to its settings. Let cooked rice cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, prepare the fish. Combine fish, Omsom starter, salt, and scallions together. Mix until combined, then plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff the rice up with rice paddle, and let cool slightly.
- To assemble the bowl, scoop out about 1 cup of rice into a bowl. Layer toppings, the marinated fish, and optionally top with spicy mayo and furikake. While marinated fish can be stored for up to 2 days in the fridge, once assembled, serve bowls immediately.