- large mixing bowl
- Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- 1 large cucumber, preferably English
- 2 cups of beets, peeled and cooked
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. of finely chopped mint
- 3 tbsp. of finely chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. of lime juice or more to taste
- 1 Indian green chili or serrano pepper, finely chopped (optional)
Traditional: Serve alongside your favorite spicy Indian curry.
Mix it up: Serve at your next BBQ over grilled chicken or fish.
Recipe made by Natasha Mahapatro (@thetashmashup).
- Peel your cucumber (if desired), trim ends, and slice lengthwise in half.
- Remove seeds and pulp with a spoon.
- Place the side of a large knife on the cucumber, skin side up, and smash. Slice the cucmber into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the crushed cucumber, cooked beets, sliced shallot, chopped mint, peanuts, and Omsom starter into the mixing bowl, and stir to mix evenly.
- Garnish with lime juice and chopped chili and you’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!