Cannabis Infused Liangfen (凉粉)
- Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- ½ cup mung bean starch
- 3½ cups water, divided
- 1 tsp Sous Weed sesame oil, recipe on sousweed.com
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp toasted peanuts, crushed
Serve as either a side dish with plain rice or enjoy as a main course!
Recipe made in collaboration with Monica Lo (@SousWeed)
- Add mung bean starch into a bowl with 1/2 cup of water and mix until the starch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan then turn the heat to low. Pour in mung bean mixture while stirring rapidly with a spatula. Remove from heat once the mixture is thick and translucent. Pour into a glass container and allow to cool into a solid jelly, about 2 hours in room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine Omsom Mala Salad, your preferred dose of Sous Weed sesame oil, soy sauce, cilantro, and scallions.
- Slice into thick noodles and assemble on a platter. Pour sauce on top and garnish with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts.
*Note: The amount of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, in this case, one teaspoon, and wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.