Filipino Chicken Sisig Recipe
- Omsom Filipino Sisig Starter
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. neutral cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tbsp. mayo (optional but recommended)
Traditional: Serve with garlic rice or white rice, and top with sliced chili and scallions.
Mix it up: Serve with sautéed greens.
Prep your chicken:
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, about 1/2 inch wide. (Pro tip: For easier cutting, firm your chicken in the freezer for 20 minutes.)
- Season chicken with 1 tsp. each of salt and pepper.
Let’s get cooking:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Add onion, reserving a handful for garnish, and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add chicken to the skillet, turn the heat up to medium high and fry, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low, add Omsom starter, stir, and season to taste with salt and pepper. For the brightest flavor, try not to boil the starter. (Pro tip: For extra creaminess, add mayo here.)
- Crack the egg into the warm pan and stir to quickly cook the egg.
- Turn off heat and finish with the reserved onion.
Serve sizzling hot! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!