Ground Meat Krapow Recipe
- Pepper Teigen's Krapow Starter
- ⅔ lb. ground pork — or chicken, turkey, plant-based meat
- 1 tbsp. neutral cooking oil — 1½ tbsp. for chicken, 3 tbsp. for turkey/plant-based meat
- ⅓ small yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup green beans, trimmed + cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves (Holy or Thai basil is traditional, but Italian works too!)
- 1-2 small sweet red peppers or ¼ red bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 egg, fried Thai-style (optional)
Traditional: Serve with white rice, topped with Thai-style fried egg.
Mix it up: Serve with lettuce wraps and sliced cucumbers.
We partnered with Pepper Teigen to craft our spicy, sweet, + umami Krapow starter - which features the 100% safe + damn delicious MSG as a core ingredient. Now you can fire up this beloved Teigen fam recipe for chili basil stir-fry in under 20 minutes!
PS. Don’t forget to check out Pepper’s brand new cookbook, The Pepper Thai Cookbook, for other fire Pepper recipes 🔥
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until shimmering hot. Turn down heat to medium, add the ground meat, stirring often and breaking up into small pieces. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the onions and green beans. Cook until they’ve softened, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Omsom starter and stir to evenly coat everything in the skillet.
- Add red peppers (optional) and roughly hand tear the basil into the skillet. Turn off heat and stir to wilt the basil.
- Salt to taste and top with fried egg (optional).
- You’re done! Serve with some of our suggested favorites. Enjoy!