Lemongrass Pork Belly Bao
microwave safe bowl
- Omsom Lemongrass BBQ Starter
- 1 lb. pork belly
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 10 frozen bao buns
- 3 tbsp. roasted peanuts, crushed
- 5 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 10 tsp. mayo
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- sesame oil
Enjoy as a snack!
Recipe from community member, Hanna (@hanseabright).
Prep your pork belly!
- Coat pork belly with one Omsom sauce in a bowl. Let marinate in fridge for at least 15 minutes, or overnight for a deeper flavor
- Set your air fryer to 400° F and toss in pork belly for 10 minutes.
Prep your quick-pickled carrots!
- Mix carrot, 1 tbsp. salt and sugar in a bowl. Cover with rice vinegar and let pickle for 15 minutes. Drain vinegar before serving.
Steam your bao!
- Prepare bao according to package instructions.
Assemble your bao!
- Gently open bao bun and spread 1 tsp. mayo on one side. Top with pickled carrots, pork belly, cilantro, and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!