Mala-Marinated Eggs Recipe
- Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup water
Serve with avocado toast, plain rice, salads, congee, ramen, or just enjoy as a snack!
Recipe from community member, Betsy (@paintpencilpastries).
- Place your eggs in a saucepan and fill the saucepan with water until eggs are fully emerged.
- Bring the water to a boil, and once boiling, let eggs cook for 6-10 minutes depending on how well done you like your eggs. In the meantime, for the marinade: mix together the Omsom starter and ½ cup of water.
- Once eggs are done cooking, dunk them in an ice water bath and then carefully peel them.
- Place eggs in the marinade, cover, then place in the refrigerator and let eggs sit for at least 3 hours or overnight. Enjoy!