How to Make
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Dinner plate
- Baking sheet
- 1 Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- 2 lb. of beef tenderloin
- 2 crescent roll tubes
- 1 lb. mushrooms
- 4 oz. prosciutto
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1½ tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- softened butter
Enjoy at a li'l dinner party!
Recipe from community member, Stasia de Tilly (@kowloonbaby_).
Prep your protein:
- Slice the beef tenderloin into 2 ½ inch cubes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep your Duxelle:
- Finely mince or process the mushrooms and garlic, season with salt.
- In a skillet, heat ½ tbsp. sesame oil on medium-high and sauté mushroom mix until all water has evaporated and the pan is very dry (about 10 minutes).
- Add Omsom starter and stir to coat the mushroom mix evenly. Reserve and allow to cool slightly.
Let’s get cooking!
- On medium-high, add 1 tbsp. of sesame oil to a pan and brown beef for 30 seconds on each side. Reserve and allow to cool.
- Preheat your baking tray in a 375°F oven.
- Remove crescent rolls from fridge and divide into 4 rectangles (2 crescents per rectangle).
- Make sure to pinch and press the diagonal seam then flip dough over and seal the other side so the wellington won’t split open when baking. (Pro Tip: take out the dough as needed.)
- Lay 1 piece of prosciutto along the length of the pastry.
- Layer 1 tbsp. mushroom mix in the center of pastry and flatten.
- Place beef cube on top of the mushroom layer, spread softened butter on the top of beef.
- Top beef cube with ½ tbsp. of mushroom mix.
- Fold the top corners of the pastry over beef cube tightly. Fold bottom of pastry upwards over beef cube to join the first fold. Pinch sides and fold them toward the top. Close all seams using the pinch and press method and trim any excess.
- Decorate your wellingtons with any leftover pastry.
- Place wellingtons onto your preheated baking dish and bake for 11 minutes at 375°F.