OG-Style: Filipino Pork Sisig Recipe
Get deluxe with our OG-Style Filipino Pork Sisig recipe - made deliciously decadent with chicken liver and pig's head, and served alongside aromatic garlic rice.
- 2 Omsom Filipino Sisig Starters
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless pork belly
- 1/2 lb. pork cheek
- 1/4 lb. pig’s ears
- 1/4 lb. pig’s snout
- 1/4 lb. chicken livers, pureed
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- neutral cooking oil
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 5 bird’s eye chilis, sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp. mayo (optional)
Traditional: Serve with garlic rice or white rice, and top with sliced chili or scallions.
Mix it up: Serve with sautéed greens.
Prep your pork:
- In a large pot, combine the pork belly, ears, and snout and pour in enough water to cover. Add 1 tsp. pepper, bay leaves, and 3 chilis, and simmer over medium high heat until pork is tender, about 2 hours.
- Let belly, snout, and ears cool in liquid, then transfer to a platter and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Grill snout and ears over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until they begin to char.
- Remove from heat, scraping up any leftover char. Dice pork and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. neutral cooking oil over medium high heat. Dice pork belly and fry until it is light golden brown, about 3 minutes, and set aside.
Let’s get cooking:
- Wipe out skillet and heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add onion, reserving a handful for finishing, and 2 sliced chilis and cook, stirring often, for about 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in chicken liver pureé and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add pork belly, snout, and ears and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set this mixture aside.
- In the same cast iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil over high heat. Once oil is shimmering hot, add pork mixture – be careful, as it will sizzle!
- Turn the heat down to low and add both Omsom Filipino Sisig Starters.
- Crack the eggs directly on top of the pork and stir to quickly cook the eggs! (Pro tip: add mayo in here for extra creaminess!)
- Sprinkle on the reserved onion and chilis.
- Serve sizzling hot! Make it a true weekend Sisig and serve with garlic rice. Enjoy!