Spicy Marinated Eggs
- 1 Omsom Chinese Mala Salad Starter
- 1 Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter
- 6 eggs
- 3 scallion stalks (thinly sliced)
- 3 smashed garlic cloves (smashed)
- ½ cup soy sauce
Serve with avocado toast, plain rice, salads, congee, ramen, or just enjoy as a snack!
Prep your marinade!
- In a medium bowl, mix your aromatics, soy sauce, and both Omsom starters. Reserve. (Pro tip: Add any veggies or aromatics to your soy marinade, try cucumbers for an extra crunch!)
Boil your eggs!
On the stove:
- Bring 3 cups of water in a large pot to a boil. Once boiling vigorously, add 5 eggs and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and immediately submerge them in an ice bath for 10 minutes. (Pro Tip: An ice bath is 1 part ice to 1 part water!) Optional: groove to the perfect ice bath timer while you wait.
- Once completely cooled, remove eggs from ice bath, peel, and reserve.
In the airfryer:
- Air-fry your eggs for 9 minutes at 275°F, carefully remove from tray and immediately submerge in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, remove eggs from ice bath, peel and reserve.
- Add the eggs to your soy marinade and refrigerate for 2-6 hours. Enjoy!
- To get that extra kick of flavor, marinate the eggs overnight. Stored properly, these eggs last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.