- mortar and pestle
- 1 green papaya, shredded
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 bird’s eye chilis
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 string beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 dried shrimp
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
Serve alongside any Omsom Thai Larb dish!
- In a mortar, coarsely crush garlic and chilis.
- Add string beans, peanuts, and dried shrimp. Pound until the beans are lightly crushed.
- Add sugar and gently incorporate.
- Add tomatoes, fish sauce, and lime juice. Gently bruise tomatoes and press around the mortar to mix everything together. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add papaya. With the pestle in one hand and a spoon in the other, gently bruise the salad while mixing everything together. Enjoy!